Research shows that a great book cover design is critical to your book. It should get your readers’ attention. Remember, a picture if worth 10,000 words. Also, people will remember a cover. The right book cover will help you sell your book.
Check out some covers we have created below. This will give you an idea of what you can do.
Reasons to Have a Great Book Cover
A great book cover instantly captures your readers’ attention. You only have a few seconds to make an impression before a reader will go on to the next book. When you have a great cover readers can’t help but stop and look at your cover.
Engages Emotions of Readers:
You want the reader to feel something, whether it’s anger, pleasure, hate, sympathy, despair, excitement or remorse. It’s like listening to a sad song, such as Adele’s “Someone Like You”. These kinds of songs make you feel nostalgic.
It’s a “Teaser” To Your Book:
This is an introduction to your book. Your book cover is the perfect place to tease your readers with what they should expect from reading your book.
There are a few things that can sell a book quickly: a great cover and a popular author. Since you’re not a popular author yet, I say work on the book cover for now.
People find it hard to resist the charm of a great looking cover. It tells readers you’re serious about your book.
Having a great book cover will have a postive impact on sales. If your book cover has a role in making sure people want to read your book they will buy more. When more copies are bought, it means a lot of revenue will be made to cover your costs and hopefully turn results in profits. Selling more books could mean better leverage for your next book, or business.
What Makes a Great Book Cover?
You need to ask yourself the following questions about your book cover design:
- Are the images clear?
- Does the cover grab the readers interest?
- Have you checked for copyright licenses?
- Is the text clear and readable?
- Does it get across the tone and genre of the story?
Once you have figured out the answers to these questions, you are well on your way to choosing a great cover that will help promote your book.
Options for your Book Cover
You have options for your book cover.
- You can use Creative Market They have many talented designers to choose from and their pricing for a package is quite affordable. We’ve used Creative Market for many different reasons over the years.
- Another option is to use Fiverr Fiverr provides professional freelance services for design.
- Another way is to do it yourself if you’re willing to put in the time and effort it takes.