Blue Crab Books offers a professional book editing service for self-published authors. Even famous writers need a good editor.
Why you need Book Editing
Every book needs a good editor. In other words, it’s not easy for authors to do their own editing. Even famous, best selling authors have their books professionally edited. Consequently, an experienced book editor is worth their weight in gold. Also, having your book edited is the best thing you can do for your book. Therefore, it’s good for your writing career.
Blue Crab Books provides authors with a professional book editing service, at an affordable price. This means you choose the service you need and only pay for that.
Copy Editing – $5 per page
The Copy Editing Service involves a basic word edit, such as grammar, consistency and usage. This includes:
- Consistency issues
Deadline: 6 business days
Line Editing $8 per page
The Line Editing Service is a more intense edit. It focuses on the following: language, flow of ideas, tone, style, vocabulary, narrative, structure and transition elements. In addition, it also includes all the services in the Copy Editing shown above.
Deadline: 8 business days
Why Blue Crab Books should do your book editing?
Compare our rates with any other book editing business. Authors generally pay from $1,500 to $3,000 for basic editing services. This means you pay more than 55% less using Blue Crab Books. In addition, we do not charge set up fees.
You will get a quick turnaround. Therefore, you can get your book to market faster. This means we will have your edited manuscript ready for you in 6 business days. Some other services can take up to four weeks to return your edited book.
This is not just a proofreading service. Your book is edited by professional editors. Therefore, you will receive a fully edited manuscript. You will also get any additional notes from the editor.
How our Book Editing service works?
- Choose the book editing service you need.
- Upload your Word document.
- Retrieve your professionally edited manuscript in 6 business days.
The Blue Crab Books book editing service is easy to use. Just follow these steps:
- English language only
- File Type: Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx)
- Page Size: 8.5×11”
- Pages Margins: Set to 1” on all 4 sides left, right, top, and bottom.
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12pt.
- Line Spacing – double spacing
- Email us and attach your Microsoft Word file.
- Our team will review your file and contact you with a quote.
- Once the quote is approved and paid we will assign it to one of our professional book editors.
- In the required days, depending on the service level you selected, you will receive an email from Blue Crab Books with your files attached.
- The editor will do their work based on the editing service level you selected and send your file back to you.
- Attached to your email are two Word files. The “Markup” file has the track changes on. The track changes highlights where the editor believes changes should be made. You can accept some, or all of the editors changes as you wish. The “Final” manuscript file has all of the editors edits accepted. This means that the editor’s changes have replaced your original text where needed.
Need Help Using Markup and Track Changes in Word?
- Refer to the Microsoft Support pages as follows:
- Need Help with Markup and Track Changes in Word?
- Track Changes In Word: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Track-changes-in-Word-197ba630-0f5f-4a8e-9a77-3712475e806a
- Accept Track Changes: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Accept-tracked-changes-in-Word-2016-for-Windows-B2DAC7D8-F497-4E94-81BD-D64E62EEE0E8
- Remove Track Changes and Comments: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Remove-tracked-changes-and-comments-in-Word-2016-for-Windows-7966B497-7E04-4A13-8D41-53A3FFA00C25
For more information, see our FAQs.